Monday, January 31, 2011

New Record

I think I have a new personal record of having to pee five times last night. Maybe it's just practice for not sleeping through the night; which I haven't done for the last two weeks because of violent hiccups, back cramps and having to pee. That reminds me. Who decided that the cup you have to pee in at the doctor should be the size of a tic tac? That is super impractical and stressful.

Overall, I feel fabulous during the day and have even been hiking. Carlos has taken to calling me "hot mama". I just laugh. It's kind of cute. Yesterday was the first time I felt like I was literally going to starve. Sundays are long days for us and after being at church from 8:45-2:30-home for an hour and then back to church until 7:45, that hour we were home couldn't come soon enough. I've decided I now need to bring some snacks to church so I don't become a raging mad woman. I have also decided I need to sit closer to the door because I'm no longer able to sit though a whole service without having to pee.

I have become a little more sensitive to smells, but overall nothing makes me terribly sick unless it's a situation like that Bath and Body Works lotion that is slathered on like body wash. Who puts that much lotion on in public? I am loving anything that smells like coconut or vanilla, though...I find it soothing.

Tuesday I have my first appointment with my midwife at the birthing center. I am SO excited! I can't wait to pick her brain and learn as much as possible. It will be less than a month before we will be able to hear the heartbeat, and I can't wait! I am also eagerly anticipating knowing what the sex of the baby is. I think Nana Teresa and auntie Elise are just as anxious. For everyone asking what I would prefer...I am just thrilled with whatever God gives us and can't wait to give the baby a name! We have decided that regardless of the sex of the baby the nursery will be sage green and cream with brown accents. I love neutrals and natural looking things.

As always, please keep all three of us in your prayers! We appreciate them!

Love,

Lyd and baby P.

Now to leave you with an idea I had for nursery. I love the colors and textures of the fabric.

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors. The more info I have, the easier it is to shop. Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your wedding colors - very pretty : )

    ReplyDelete