Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Achy Belly and Birth Center

I am really exhausted today. It is SO cold outside and I can't help but snuggle up on the couch under a blanket with a fire going. Tucker is happy to have me sitting down and thrilled that I let him share my blanket. Truthfully, he is keeping me warm and I love his sweet snuggles. I know he will have a hard time adjusting when the baby is here, but he really is wonderful with babies. He is a sweetie!


Aside from being tired and my belly slightly aching I feel great. I was told that because of my chemical pregnancy being so recent I will probably get my "baby bump" earlier. I know they were right, because I can feel it!

Yesterday's appointment with the midwife was fabulous. We looked around the center and learned about the suites and what a pregnancy and delivery would look like there. At one point the midwife turned to Carlos and said, "So, why do you want your wife to have her baby here?" Carlos quickly came back with, "Because my wife knows way more about this than I do, and it's what she wants-so it's what I want!" Hahaha-the midwife thought that was hilarious. I fell in love with the midwife and the place; there is only one problem. We can't afford it. My insurance will pay for a hospital birth but not a birthing center. BUMMER! The center birth would cost $3,750.00 for absolutely everything, but it is due before my 28th week. I know that whatever God wants us to do will work out and be fine, but I can't say that I'm not going to pray we find a way to deliver at the birthing center. I am hoping for a natural birth with no medications or interventions. I am very sensitive to medications, and believe that a center would be a healthier and happier birth for me and the baby; but I also believe that God knows my heart. He knows what my preference is and our financial position. He knows this baby better than I EVER will and I can trust Him to provide for the center or guide us through a natural hospital birth. Either way, I think being obedient is the most important thing. We believe in being debt free and not going into debt for personal preference. Right now I am praying and asking for clear direction and patience. We have a little while before a decision needs to be made and I know God's timing is never like mine : )
If you'd like to join us in praying about this, you are more than welcome!

Love to all,

Lyd and baby P.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! Love this! Jon and I miscarried our first baby. It was so hard...I know the concerns that nag with the second. I am praying that God will flood those with His Peace. I am also praying that God will provide a way for you to afford the center. I am also sensitive to chemicals and always got very sick after delivering both kids. Do they take payments? Co-signers? Can we do fundraisers?

    ReplyDelete